Monday 12 March 2012

Migraines

My Nanna goes to a group called the "The Granny Group", it's a group of grandparents who have been left with the responsibility of raising their grandchildren. A lady who goes there, didn't attend two weeks ago, as she had a terrible migraine. She went to the Dr and he said, he thought it was because she had been taking too many painkillers. The painkillers make the body feel good, so in turn, the body has started craving the painkillers, and creating ailments for the painkillers to cure. Kind of like an addiction.

This is where it becomes about me..

I think this is what my body does. I think I am addicted to pain killers. So from this day forward. I am stopping my addiction to pain killers. I spoke to Clinton about it this morning, about what I thought was going on & he said it sounds reasonable that I am being tricked by my body into thinking I'm sick (Or my mind..), to get my "fix" of painkillers. So he's going to help me wean off painkillers. First by dropping back from Nurofen, to panamax, which doesn't contain codeine, just contains paracetemol. He has also taken the painkillers and is putting them somewhere and rationing them out to me, if I feel unwell, to slowly wean down, then cut them out from day to day life.

I am feeling pretty positive about this change. Typically, this morning I woke up with a busting headache. I took my last 2 nurofen & Clinton gave me 4 panamax, which I haven't touched yet.

Here's to positive changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers